The lack of structure means many kids will be saying that they are bored and that means they will be driving their parents crazy. That makes the temptation even greater to just relent and let them plug in.
The following infographic contains some important facts about summer screen time including:
- Kids eat more when they watch more TV.
- Over 15 million kids in the U.S. alone have long stretches of time without parental supervision.
- Be consistent and create a schedule.
- Be mindful of how much you are using your smartphone in front of them.
- Try not to punish them by taking away their electronics because it can translate to them being more reluctant to open up about online issues with you.
- Not all screen time is equal. There are apps and programs that promote learning and social connection.